Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our recent trip to Washington DC

Grant and I went back to Washington DC a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time. We learned so much about our country's history and the founding fathers.
Here we are at Mt Vernon, I tried Peanut Butter Soup, it was wonderful and our waitress gave me the recipe. Can't wait to try it out!
This was my first time in this part of the country. It was so green, we were there just before "Ike" hit land so it was very humid. I really loved the Amish Country we visited, it was quiet, peaceful and so very clean with no power lines running across the landscape. I enjoyed watching the farmers work as a family unit gathering in their crops, all by hand and horse power. And the sound of the horse's hoofs on the pavement was so much nicer that the roar of automobiles racing. I could have spent much more time in this part of the country.

We also enjoyed Virginia, Maryland
and a corner of Pennsylvania. They
are all nice places to visit, but we much
perfere our country home in Utah.




2 comments:

Heather said...

Do people tour through Amish communities?

Aunt Pam said...

Yes!, in fact you can stay with an Amish family and help out on the farm. It really is a beautiful area. I would really consider going back and staying there for a week or so, just to recharge. Only it would never be in the winter or summer, fall seems to be the best season.